Monday, April 26, 2010

Kumbh Mela

One of the unpredictable trip of my life. Trip to haridwar. Just as I had been to delhi to meet my friend he told me about the trip and I immediately decided upon going to haridwar and taking a holy dip. The day was too hectic but even then i managed to land at the bust station on time. Catching bus was no big deal but getting a place to sit was one. Bus stopped several miles away from the temple. We had a group of 7 guys and all filled with zeal to take a dip in holy ganga. We had to walk almost 8 miles to reach the temple. It was damn crowded. Reason is kumbh mela takes place once in 12 years and it was the last day of the mela. I happened to encounter versatile people. Some were half naked and some were fully. They are highly previliged supposedly because they have dedicated their lives for the sake of god.We reached the dip point before it was supposed to be shut for those previliged people. As per the rule no body is supposed to take bath when these set of people are taking bath ( aghori’s and etc). got to spend enough time in water but it was very fun filled. Water was damn chilled and fast flowing. If u are not cautious then it might take u along for complete dip. Day was so tiring that our plan of visiting some more temples nearby was cancelled. We decided to get back to delhi and headed towards the busstation. The reaching there was huge mess. Bus stand was shifted to the outskirts of the city . commuting was major problem because of the damn crowd ( I was one of them). We again walked 8 miles to reach the place. Traffic management was one of the worst . it took 2 hours to just move out of the bus stand. And the driver was so lazily driving the vehicle that our 6 hour journey was extened to 12 hours. Almost double. Some of the things which I liked was free distrubution of water along road side for people walking a long way. Heat took away most of our energy but we had to live with it and not get hydrated so constantly kept drinking juices and energy boosters. According to some weird sources it seems that all your sins are washed away once u take a dip in ganga . I just had one hurray. I have washed away all my sins and now ready to some set of fresh sins. Hehe
One and a ll to say I had one of the most tiring yet unbelievable trip of my life
Thanks to ganga and all my friends to make my trip a memorable one

No comments:

Post a Comment